For those of us seeking real adventure and somewhat of a challenge then trekking the mighty Rinjani volcano in Lombok is for you. Mount Rinjani is an active volcano and rises to a height of 3,726 meters making it the second highest volcano in Indonesia. Set in the Mount Rinjani National Park, an area of outstanding beauty covering 41,330 hectares and including a further 66,000 hectares of protected forest outside. On the top of the volcano is a 6 kilometer by 8.5 kilometer caldera which is partially filled by the crater lake. This lake is approx 2000 meters above sea level and estimated to be about 200 meters deep.
The trek itself is suitable for most ages but all must be of a reasonable level of fitness. Do not be daunted however, with a little determination the crater rim can be reached quite easily. The summit perhaps is best left to those of us with a little more stamina! Those who climb Rinjani will be rewarded with the most amazing views and a chance to swim in the incredibly beautiful crater lake..Segara Anak (Child of the sea) and bathe in the hot springs.
We offer a standard 4 day/3 night package (see itinerary) which includes one night accommodation on arrival in Senaru so you can start your trek fresh the following morning. We also include a soft trek to the magical waterfalls nearby.
We understand that some of you may be on a shorter time schedule or perhaps wish to take a little longer therefore we can organize trekking packages for you that fit your requirements. Return transfers are included from the Gili islands, Mataram or Senggigi in Lombok. For those coming from further afield just let us know and arrangements can be made.
RINJANI TREKKING 4 DAY/3 NIGHT ITINERARY
Check in at the harbor office on Gili Meno at 7.45am. Depart 8.00am by boat to Bangsal harbor in Lombok (approx 35 mins ). Upon arrival in Bangsal our staff will be there to meet you and will take you by private car to Senaru village in the north of Lombok. A scenic coastal drive of around 1.5 hours. Upon arrival in Senaru check in to your home-stay (simple guest house), have a drink and relax a while.
Waterfall tour :
Our guide will pick you up and escort you on an adventure to the two waterfalls. Firstly the magnificent Sindang Gila Waterfall, set in a valley, the water cascading down from a dizzying height of 50 meters. Then we do soft trekking for 45 minutes through the rain forest to the Tiu Kelep Waterfall, a magical place where you can bathe in the pool below the falls.
Dinner and an early night at your hotel.
- 06.30 Breakfast followed by a full briefing of the route you will be taking on the trek. Leave your main luggage safely stored at our head office taking with you only a small back pack on the trek.
- 07.30 Depart Senaru on the first leg of your trek. Your journey will take you through small villages and tropical rain forest.
- 10.30 Stop at Pos 2 for a short break.
- 13.00 Arrive at Pos 3 for lunch and a rest. The trek continues through open grass lands along gravel paths.
- 16.00 Arrive at Plawangan 1 Crater Rim where we make camp for the night.It can get cold here so wrap up warm,the temp can be as low as 1 or 2 degrees Celsius. Enjoy dinner whilst watching the sunset with amazing views over the crater lake and all the way to the Gili Islands.
- 06.30 Breakfast whilst watching the sun rise and relaxing.
- 07.00 Depart the crater rim following narrow pathways down a steep descent to the Segara Anak Lake.
- 09.00-13.00 Time to relax,ease your weary muscles in the hot springs,swim in the lake or even try your hand at a little fishing. Lunchtime.
- 13.00 Depart Segara Anak Lake for Plawangan 2 crater rim.
- 16.00 Tea break,sunset view,dinner and early to bed.
- 02.30 Arise early and commence trek to the summit. (This part of the trek is optional,if you so wish you can remain at base camp. The terrain of this last 3 hour climb is mostly loose stones or scree and the ascent is steep therefore it can be strenuous, however you are welcome to give it a try and can turn back at any time)
- 06.00 Arrive at the summit of Gunung Rinjani ( 3726m ) Time to rest taking in the awe-inspiring views of Bali to the west and Sumbawa to the east whilst enjoying a great sense of personal achievement. Return to camp.
- 08.00 Rest and breakfast.
- 09.00 Depart camp for the descent via Pada Bolong. Stop to rest along the way.
- 11.30 Arrive at Tengendean Pos 2 and have lunch. A short rest before starting the last of the descent.
- 01.00-01.30 Arrive at Sembalun Lawang village where your pre-arranged transport will be waiting to transfer you back to Senaru to collect your luggage. Time to leave Senaru with transfers to either Senggigi, Mataram or The Gilis, taking with you some amazing memories of the mighty Gunung Rinjani volcano.
Trekking package Inclusive of :
- 1 nights accommodation in Senaru before commencement of the trek.
- Trekking package as mentioned in the above program including all transfers.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinners on the trek (all cooked fresh by our porters)
- Waterfall tour with guide
- Ample fresh drinking water
- Sleeping bags & tents
- All entrance fees
- Registration with the RTC
- Qualified English-speaking guides
- Local boat ticket from Gili to Bangsal harbor in Lombok
Trekking package excludes :
Lunch and dinner on arrival day in Senaru (all other meals included)
What to bring :
- Hiking boots
- Warm clothing, jacket, jumpers, gloves, extra socks, waterproof jacket
- Small Towel
- Long life flash light / digital camera and handy cam
- Any personal medicine
- Suncream, insect repellent, toilet roll
Note : boots, jackets, waterproofs etc can be provided if necessary, these are included in the price. For more details and prices just email us here at Attas Travel.